These Are a Few of My Favorite (Maternity) Things
I have tried to avoid a lot of maternity wear by just buying lots of jersey dresses, but of course, some purchases are inevitable, like a good pair of maternity jeans and dress pants for work:
1. Super Skinny Jeans in Dark Rinse Wash, LOFT Maternity - these are a nice lightweight fabric and are really stretchy and comfortable. And they have the full coverage band - I have hated the couple of pairs of “demi panel” maternity pants I have bought.
2. Oh Baby by Motherhood Maternity Faux Wrap Dress - I have this dress in another pattern and love it. It’s perfect for work, and they sell for about $20 at Kohl’s.
3. Liz Lange Maternity Sleeveless Dress, Target - an adorable dress for work or the weekend. And FYI, it’s cheaper if you can find it on the sale rack in store.
4. Liz Lange Dark Denim Shorts - these are insanely comfortable because they are lightweight fabric, and are loose around your legs. Plus, they aren’t too short.
6. Full Panel Modern Boot Pants - I tried a lot of other pants before settling on this pair. They come in different lengths, they have the full belly band, and the cut is flattering. I pretty much wear them to work twice a week, every week.
7. Racerback Tie Waist Dress, LOFT - I have this dress in a black & white pattern, and I wear it all the time. It has an empire waist and tie so that you at least have some shape, and is plenty long enough to wear to work.
8. Liz Lange Long & Lean Basic Tank - perfect for the weekend to throw on with shorts or capris. And plenty long enough to cover the lovely belly band of your maternity pants :)
Look for Less: Kate Middleton in Max Mara
Duchess Kate looked gorgeous during a recent visit to The Hope House, showing off a barely-there baby bump in a Max Mara wrap dress. The dress is from 2011 and is no longer available, but you can find a very similar wrap dress for only $29.99 at Kohl’s.
Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s Spring 2013 Lookbook
In my book, LC never disappoints - her collections always have plenty of polka dots, bows and pink!
To see the entire collection, as well as a list of prices for all the items (and release dates at Kohl’s), click here.
Lauren Conrad Kohl’s Cares Collection
If you’re looking for an inexpensive holiday gift that will also support a good cause, Lauren Conrad has designed a collection for Kohl’s of items that are all priced at either $5 or $10 each - and 100% of the net profit goes to breast cancer research. The collection includes a dachshund coffee mug, scarf, tote and PJ pants, as well as lots of polka dots, sequins and bows.
Click here to shop the full collection.
Celeb Style Steal: Jessica Alba & Michelle Williams in Narciso Rodriguez for Kohl’s
I definitely prefer the way Jessica has styled these unique tuxedo stripe pants, but no matter how you style them, you have to like that they’re only $33 at your local Kohl’s.
Celeb Style Steals: Narciso Rodriguez for Kohl’s
On hand to celebrate the launch of Narciso Rodriguez’s Kohl’s collection in NYC last night, Katie Holmes, Emma Roberts and Julianna Marguilles wore gorgeous dresses from the collection, which will be launched on November 7th. All of the dresses retail for under $100.
Look for Less: Kate Spade Carousel Watch
I love my Kate Spade Carousel Watch, but it’s definitely a splurge. If you are looking for a look for less, try these options: