These Are a Few of My Favorite (Maternity) Things
I have tried to avoid a lot of maternity wear by just buying lots of jersey dresses, but of course, some purchases are inevitable, like a good pair of maternity jeans and dress pants for work:
1. Super Skinny Jeans in Dark Rinse Wash, LOFT Maternity - these are a nice lightweight fabric and are really stretchy and comfortable. And they have the full coverage band - I have hated the couple of pairs of “demi panel” maternity pants I have bought.
2. Oh Baby by Motherhood Maternity Faux Wrap Dress - I have this dress in another pattern and love it. It’s perfect for work, and they sell for about $20 at Kohl’s.
3. Liz Lange Maternity Sleeveless Dress, Target - an adorable dress for work or the weekend. And FYI, it’s cheaper if you can find it on the sale rack in store.
4. Liz Lange Dark Denim Shorts - these are insanely comfortable because they are lightweight fabric, and are loose around your legs. Plus, they aren’t too short.
6. Full Panel Modern Boot Pants - I tried a lot of other pants before settling on this pair. They come in different lengths, they have the full belly band, and the cut is flattering. I pretty much wear them to work twice a week, every week.
7. Racerback Tie Waist Dress, LOFT - I have this dress in a black & white pattern, and I wear it all the time. It has an empire waist and tie so that you at least have some shape, and is plenty long enough to wear to work.
8. Liz Lange Long & Lean Basic Tank - perfect for the weekend to throw on with shorts or capris. And plenty long enough to cover the lovely belly band of your maternity pants :)
I took the suggestion of TGT (and pretty much everyone else on Tumblr) and ordered this Gap scarf. And then I figured, hey, why not also throw in some new skinny jeans?
With my $20 credit from my Old Navy card + a 30% off promo, the total for the two items was $25 instead of $65. Score!