These Are a Few of My Favorite (Maternity) Things
I have tried to avoid a lot of maternity wear by just buying lots of jersey dresses, but of course, some purchases are inevitable, like a good pair of maternity jeans and dress pants for work:
1. Super Skinny Jeans in Dark Rinse Wash, LOFT Maternity - these are a nice lightweight fabric and are really stretchy and comfortable. And they have the full coverage band - I have hated the couple of pairs of “demi panel” maternity pants I have bought.
2. Oh Baby by Motherhood Maternity Faux Wrap Dress - I have this dress in another pattern and love it. It’s perfect for work, and they sell for about $20 at Kohl’s.
3. Liz Lange Maternity Sleeveless Dress, Target - an adorable dress for work or the weekend. And FYI, it’s cheaper if you can find it on the sale rack in store.
4. Liz Lange Dark Denim Shorts - these are insanely comfortable because they are lightweight fabric, and are loose around your legs. Plus, they aren’t too short.
6. Full Panel Modern Boot Pants - I tried a lot of other pants before settling on this pair. They come in different lengths, they have the full belly band, and the cut is flattering. I pretty much wear them to work twice a week, every week.
7. Racerback Tie Waist Dress, LOFT - I have this dress in a black & white pattern, and I wear it all the time. It has an empire waist and tie so that you at least have some shape, and is plenty long enough to wear to work.
8. Liz Lange Long & Lean Basic Tank - perfect for the weekend to throw on with shorts or capris. And plenty long enough to cover the lovely belly band of your maternity pants :)
Get 20% Any Full Price Purchase from Kate Spade New York!
If there’s something you’ve been eyeing from Kate Spade that just seems to never go on sale (like their adorable watches), you can use code OFFWEGO for 20% your entire full price purchase. The code expires 6/3.
I know that everyone here on Tumblr is already pretty well versed in how to get a good deal online, but I wanted to just share all the sites I love to put some extra cash in your wallet, while also buying some really cute stuff:
1. Ebates - If you aren’t already signed up for Ebates, stop reading this post and do it now. I have literally gotten hundreds of dollars of cash back from them, just for buying things online. You just have to remember to go through Ebates first when you are about to make a purchase somewhere!
2. Plink- If you love Ebates, you’ll love Plink (it’s basically Ebates, but for “offline” purchases - and you get gift certificates instead of cash). You just need to sign up for the site and link the credit card that you use regularly to a select number of retailers you go to frequently. Every time you spend money at those retailers with that credit card, you get Plink points. You can turn your Plink points into gift certificates at a ton of different places, including Amazon.com. I have received and used Plink certificates, so I promise it works!
3. Retail Me Not- I always double check Retail Me Not before buying anything online, just to make sure there isn’t a coupon code I missed. They tend to have codes that you may not find on Ebates.
4. Freeflys - Well, this site doesn’t give you free money, but it does give you free stuff. Freeflys will send you e-mails that consolidate all kinds of different offers from companys for samples or coupons for free products. It’s always fun to get free stuff in the mail, and I’ve never had to pay for S&H for any item I’ve gotten from Freeflys.
And for what it’s worth, I know absolutely every retailer in the world wants you to sign up for some kind of “rewards” card with them. The ones that I think are actually worthwhile that I use all the time are CVS Rewards and DSW Rewards. You never have to have the physical card, and both regularly give you gift certificates to the retailers that don’t require a minimum purchase.
Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program is also worth signing up for (it is free and all), though to me it feels like it takes awhile to build up points just to get small samples of their products.
If anyone has other great links to share to get free money and free stuff, let me know!
Kate Spade “Carlisle Street Stacy” Wallet - $51.20, Nordstrom
I finally splurged on a Kate Spade wallet at the outlet a couple of years ago, and they really last forever. This one is discounted from $128, and you’ll get 14% cash back on your purchase through Ebates!
Look for Less: Polka Dot Skirt
An elastic waist skirt and tank is a great alternative to a traditional pool cover up. If you like J. Crew’s Linen-Cotton Mini ($65), check out Target’s Xhiliration Belted Skirt ($20) for a look for less.